ARCHIVES

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Photographs Of War-Essay

Hello everyone!

Today I will doing a narrative essay on this picture!


Why! Why must this happen? Why is this happening? My comrades are down. One by one. Another and another. A thirty-man squad, is now reduced to a mere 2 man squad. 

All I can here are gunshots. Cries of help. Cries of pain. Even when there is silence, there is no peace. Worries and suspicion still lingered among everyone. No one can be trusted. No one can let their guard down. 

Emotions were overwhelming. No one wants to carry on this endless war, but it was not a choice. I have to fight on. For the world, for my country, for myself. 

Ammunition is running low. Everything resource must be fully maximized, and must not be wasted. Corpses were sources of ammunition, and we have to search them, bearing the stench. However that was not the challenge. The challenge was the pain and fear in our hearts. 

Travelling through destroyed houses was unbearable. However, the situation is aggravated, with those bulky and heavy boots of ours. Ventilation was horrible, with dusts of all the rubble everywhere.  

Relief aids and reinforcement troops are not to be seen. We marched on. Every step took us nearer and closer to death. 

The both of us, the only two dead walking men in our squad left were about to give up. We threw ourselves on the floor, took off our helmets, and stared at each other. 

Pictures of my family members and friends, my comrades came floating into my mind. I would never be able to meet them ever again. I buried my head into my laps, and sulked. Tears trickled down uncontrollably. Why do such a cruel, inhuman activity ever occur? What is the point of all these bloodshed? Violence never, NEVER, solve anything!

I stood up, picked up my rifle and passed my comrade a pistol. We aimed it at each other, and vowed that that would be the last bullet we will every shoot.

Wait for us, comrades, we are coming!

BANG. 

That is all!

Thank you!(:

Yours sincerely,
Mervin (:  

No comments: