ARCHIVES

Friday, July 1, 2011

Online Lesson #10

Hello everyone,

Now i will be doing a narrative essay regarding race and religion.

Here are the links of my research:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8065597.stm
http://marranci.wordpress.com/2010/01/18/the-allah-case-in-malaysia/
http://www.christianpost.com/news/malaysia-high-court-delays-ruling-on-christian-allah-case-42484/

Here is the narrative essay:

After a long nap, I woke up, and took a stroll in the streets, admiring the lush greenery, soothing to my eye. Out of the blue, a loud bang reverberated around the area. I spun around and almost instantaneously, I was transfixed to the ground. The recent Allah cases, which was such a trivial matter, has actually escalated into a riot!

I rubbed my eyes, unable to belief myself. It must be deceiving me! In front of me, tear gas was sprayed at the rioters, and cars were over turned, and glass were shattered every where. Scenes of the riots that happened in 1950s in Singapore floated into my mind. This cannot be happening. Can history really repeat itself?

The rioters scattered and ran away in pain, grabbing their eyes and shouting profanities, cursing the police and the Christians at the same time. Many of them were also arrested, while the fortunate ones escaped. It was hard to belief that something so small can escalate into bloodshed.

Noticing the instability of the situation, I scurried back to my house, and locked the gates. 



"Ridiculous!"I exclaimed to myself. 

That is all.

Thank you!(:

Yours sincerely,
Mervin

No comments: